Monday 6 March 2017

Ossie Maxwell Joffre GRANT (1915 - 2000)

Continuing on from my last blog post about Jessie Anna HULME I decided to do a search for her son Ossie Maxwell Joffre GRANT.  
Ossie's photo was amongst my maternal grandmother's photo collection.

He was born at Beechworth in Victoria on the 28th of March 1915, the only surviving child of Jessie Anna nee HULME and Walter Alfred GRANT. 
Sadly his mum passed away when he was only three and a half years old.

According to the Bulla cemetery burial records,  an infant was buried on the same day as Jessie.
Jessie died at the Women's Hospital in Carlton so I would say she died in or from complications of childbirth.



My first port of call was the wonderful Ryerson Index
I searched for a possible death notice and hit pay dirt.  


Upon request, copies of the notices were emailed to me. 
Ossie Maxwell Joffre GRANT known as Max was an interesting and very community minded man.

























courtesy of Bulla cemetery burial records, online

3 comments:

  1. I have included your blog in INTERESTING BLOGS or GENERAL INTEREST in FRIDAY FOSSICKING at

    http://thatmomentintime-crissouli.blogspot.com.au/2017/03/friday-fossicking-10th-march-2017.html

    Thank you, Chris

    ReplyDelete