Felix's great-grandson shares DNA with many known Morgan cousins.
We can't find a baptism for him in the Derrynoose, Armagh baptism records.
There are gaps in the records that could account for that.
Felix appears to be a family name passed on through later generations.
For about five and a half years Felix was a member of the Royal Irish Constabulary.
Their records state he was born in Armagh.
- 10385 Felix Morgan, a native of County Armagh.
- 5 foot 7 3/4.
- Aged 20 on joining on 20 May 1847.
- Recommended by Sub. Inspector Armstrong.
- Previously a labourer.
- Assigned to Tipperary South Riding.
- Promoted 1st Sub Constable 1 May 1848.
- Reduced to 2nd Sub Constable 1 Feb 1852.
- Promoted to 1st Sub Constable 1 Jun 1853.
- Resigned 6 Oct 1853.
Felix died on the 19th of February 1878 at the Melbourne Hospital.