Tuesday 14 March 2017

KELLY family of Tipperary

Recently I was "Troving" to see if any new information popped up in a search on my KELLY ancestors from Tipperary.

I didn't find anything on them but did come across an interesting article about Ned KELLY'S father "Red" John KELLY.  
I wonder if any of his descendants have done a DNA test at all.  
My KELLY ancestors came from Dualla which was close by Fethard in Tipperary.  
I know it is a common surname there.  
I can't get back any further with my line to see if there may be a connection.

Still it was an interesting article.



The Kellys were really only 'social bandits' (1988, September 4). The Canberra Times (ACT : 1926 - 1995), p. 22. , from http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article102067980


A current map from Google showing the areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment