Thursday 14 June 2012

F is for .... "F" words galore

So many "F" words come to mind and they can all be attributed to my Family History experiences but some are unprintable.

The majority are Fine ------------------ beginning of course with Family History.


The First that comes to mind is that my maiden name was FORSYTH.
My Mum's maiden name was FLEMING.
Her first cousins were FLANIGANS.
My great great Grandmother was a FARQUHAR.


Fantastic Finds.                                            
Fabulous Family.
Foundations.
Faith.
Fussy
Fundamental.                                                          
Floundering.
Forever.
Fanatical.
Fortuitous.
Fun.                                                                        
Frustrating.
Flabbergasted.
Finances.
Fortunate.
Friendships.
Facebook.
Far-away.
Far-Fetched..
Far-reaching.
Far Out!
Frightening.
Fearless.
Faith and Begorrah!
Forgotten.
Fotos .... um.....well perhaps not

Also ................

The ship on which my great great great Grandmother was traveling to Australia from Scotland in Eighteen Forty, caught on Fire!
A recent comment on my blog started an amusing thread on my Facebook page.  Sharon commented that she had found a 1906 teacher whose name was Fanny Box.  It seems Fanny was quite a popular name back then as many of my Friends and extended Family recall women they knew of by that name.

A Favourite F Find is  Free Irish Genealogy eBooks

 My family history through the alphabet list



6 comments:

  1. Great list of F words, Kerryn ;) I like how you worked your surnames into the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic collection of F's. I liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Thanks for the link for the Free Irish Genealogy eBooks. I will have a good look at that tomorrow.
    One of my favourite books when I was a child was Enid Blyton's "The Faraway Tree". The main characters were Dick and Fanny. My kids thought I was kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Fun post Kerryn :-)... When living in the USA, I had a bit of a prob with their meaning for "fanny" being different to ours {chuckle}... Cheers, Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mum told me not to use F words - But these are Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete