My favourite place to research would have to be what is now known as Moonee Valley which comprises the North-Western suburbs of Melbourne listed below.
Thanks to assistance from my dad's cousin and his wife Ray and Margaret GOODWIN, Lenore FROST and the Essendon Historical Society I have had many fruitful hours of research.
My paternal ancestors lived for many years in the suburbs highlighted.
Some of the other suburbs did not exist back then.
- Airport West
- Ascot Vale my great grandmother Mary ADAMS nee MORGAN lived here during WW1
- Avondale Heights
- Essendon North
- Essendon West
- Flemington my great-great-grandfather George ADAMS lived here ca 1903 to 1921
- Kensington my grandmother, Brenda ADAMS born here 1905
- Keilor East
- Moonee Ponds my great grandmother, Mary ADAMS nee MORGAN born here 1864.
- Strathmore (originally North Essendon) my 3xgreat grandparents John MORGAN and Alice nee KELLY owned the original Cross Keys Hotel here from 1871 until Alice's death in 1904 when the hotel passed to her son John Felix MORGAN.
- Strathmore Heights
|52 Ancestors Challenge |
by Amy Johnson Crow at "No Story Too Small"